Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Taking a much deserved break

Tonight I get to take a break from being mom, wife, maid, cook, nurse, and mediator. Tonight, I just get to be a girlfriend, if only for a few hours. I am going so sub at Bunco with some women from my mom's group. It'll be so nice to have adult company with many women that I haven't seen since before I moved to Gardner. I've never played Bunco, but I figure after a few drinks it won't matter much anyway!

On another note, we have less than 2 weeks before we close on the house. It still hasn't quite sunk in that we'll actually have a place to call our own. I want to get excited, but keep holding back in case something goes wrong. We have been very blessed with the kindness of my friends Peppi and Rudy who opened up doors to their rental so we had somewhere to live until we could find a home to buy. Their kindness can never be repaid. They have really become family to us over the years.

Anyway, I promised the kids a trip to the park to feed the ducks, so I guess I'd better get it together.

No comments: