Monday, August 11, 2008

Tomorrow

Is my first day at my new-old job. It's going to be strange. I don't know how people will accept me. Plus, I now have a new Cad/mapping system to learn plus I have to re-learn all of my old 10-codes. I'm sure I'll make a fool of myself the first few days; tone out things that don't need it and telling officers what code to run. I'll probably also give out a few J-codes. I can't believe I'm nervous, but I am. I don't want a lot of questions as to why I'm back and such. I just want to work and be done with it. But, I'm sure it won't be that easy.

In other news, Woody is feeling better. He's got a sore throat and lots of drainage, but no more 911 calls. He needs to see a doctor, but I'm sure that won't happen! Haley starts school on Wednesday. It's funny; some of the kids in her class I went to school/graduated with their parents. Nathan says it'll be like a big class reunion! We have an ice cream social tomorrow night at the school so she can meet her teacher and bring in her school supplies. She is very excited. We're still up in the air with Mariah and pre-k. She goes to test on the 21st. If she doesn't get in, we'll look into some area preschools that she can attend a couple of days a week.

That's about it for now. If you could say a prayer for a girl on my Mom's group, I'd appreciate it. She and her husband have experienced multiple pregnancy losses and she just found out at 20 weeks that she'd lost another. She had to be induced and will have a service for their precious girl this week. "C" is a very faith-based person and I admire how much strength she has displayed. But, I know this will be hard for their whole family.

No comments: