Monday, March 21, 2011

What is the Meaning of Patience?

Well, that question has come back to bite me in the butt! For those that don't know me, when the kids were younger (and sometimes still) and they were being impatient, that was the question I would pose. Their response was to be, "Waiting without complaining." It was a good way to make them stop what they were doing and refocus their energy.

Now it has come full circle. Damn, I hate it when that happens! We are still waiting on the results of the officer position. Yes, I did pass both my written (with a 97%!) and my physical (1 min, 35 sec). I have had my panel interview. I have turned in the rights to my first-born child, I mean my personal history statement. (A HUGE packet that they ask all kinds of questions.) Now, it's just a waiting game. I am not good at waiting. At all. But, I know this is good for me. There is a lot more that goes into all of this, but I refuse to let it consume my life. What will be, will be. I know that no matter the outcome, I did my best. I was myself and didnt' compromise my values. And, if I don't get it, I still have a job. It's taken a while for me to be at peace with all of this, but it has definitely helped my mood. So, now we continue to wait. I don't have anywhere to be. I know that I am not in control and for once, I am feeling OK with it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yep, I agree... waiting sucks! Just take comfort in the fact that you did all the things you were supposed to do, and it's out of your court now. Hard to do, but freeing also! Hang in there!