Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Where Did the Last 5 Years Go?

It's hard to believe. In just a few days (July 5th), my "baby" will be 5. Grayson (aka Bubs, Little Bit, Hubba Bubba, etc) was a complete and total shock to us. After multiple miscarriages and years of trying to get pregnant with Mariah, we thought we were "done". (I know, I know...We plan, God laughs) I thought after two beautiful girls (and one high risk, not fun pregnancy) that God had thoroughly blessed us. We were complete and happy. Little did I know that God had a different plan. When Mariah was 8 months old, I got pregnant with Grayson. I remember looking at that pregnancy test and crying. I thought Nathan was going to be mad. I was scared to tell my parents. (I just KNEW I was going to hear a HUGE lecture about how careless we had been and how dangerous it was for me.) But, that wasn't the response I got. Nathan was shocked, but not upset. My parents were nothing but supportive. Don't get me wrong, they were incredibly worried about me and the baby and it was only compounded by the fact they lived 9 hours away in Texas. But, we all accepted it as God's gift. We thanked Him and prayed...a lot. With my girls I didn't want to know what I was having. I loved that element of surprise. But not this time. I'd been surprised enough! So, when the sono-tech told us it was a boy, we were so excited. I'd had Grayson's name picked out since I was pregnant with Haley. So, I was thrilled to use it. I was very lucky and God watched over me and I had a fairly uneventful pregnancy. I went into labor on my own and Grayson was born 2 days past his due date at a healthy 7lb 9oz and 20 inches. (I don't have peanut-size babies, folks.) He was perfect. A head full of dark hair and long, skinny limbs. Guess no redhead for me! Grayson has continued to be the element of surprise in our lives. He is more dramatic than both girls combined. He is so, so sensitive! And his temper can't even be put into words. But when he is tired and he climbs into my lap and cuddles, I can't imagine a life without him. God knew I needed this little man in my life. Our family is truly complete; 2 girls, 2 boys, and parents who are going crazy! Here are a few pics of Grayson through the years.


No comments: