Wednesday, August 18, 2010

10 Years Ago

On this day 10 years ago, my life was forever changed. On this day 10 years ago, I became a mother. I can recall the events of today and the day before so clearly. It's like it was yesterday. My beautiful daughter Haley was born today. She was so quiet when she came into this world, but that didn't last for long! It's amazing how much your life changes the minute they put that baby in your arms. You look at them and see the future. Your heart grows. In a few seconds you love something more than you have ever loved anything in your whole life. I remember holding her and her looking at me. I saw those deep blue pools and knew that I would never love this way again. While my pregnancy with Haley was definitely unplanned, I can't imagine a life without her. She was a good baby. She was always very hard-headed and stubborn (no idea where she gets that from...). But she had a smile that could light up a room. She had a laugh that was incredibly infectuous. She was so smart, too! She picked up on things and learned at an amazing pace. When she was 3 1/2 she became a big sister and she was my little helper. 18 months later she became a big sister again. Then she started Kindergarten and she was no longer my "little girl". So independent and strong-willed. I've watched her grow and am continually amazed at who she is. She is a friend to anyone. She always wants her friends to get along. She is still stubborn and knows how to push my buttons! I hear myself saying things to her that my mom said to me. But, she is a good girl. The Lord blessed me with her and I can never thank Him enough. So today I celebrate my "baby" as she enters a new phase in her life. As she crosses over to her "tween" years. I can't wait to see what life has in store for my miracle.

No comments: