Friday, July 18, 2008

It Shouldn't Be This Hard

To find a dang place to live! When we moved up to Olathe, I found a house with a few clicks of my mouse. Same with daycare. However, it appears that the landlords of Wichita haven't joined the program. You can barely find anything on-line. Then if you do, getting them to return calls or emails is like pulling teeth! I don't get it! On top of that, everyone has raised their rent prices. So here I am, taking a $5,000 a year pay cut and everyone else is raising their prices. I was moving back to Wichita to get a lower cost of living, not make less and pay what I'm paying up here! I sure as hell hope that landlords of Wichita know how to use a newspaper and I can find something tomorrow morning when we get in!

It also shouldn't be this hard to pack up a house! Holy crap! I'm finding a lot of stuff we've moved multiple times should never have been moved. I've found boxes of magazines belonging to Nathan. Apparently he thinks they'll be worth money someday. I've got news for him. They aren't original Playboy magazines, therefore they're worth NOTHING. It also doesn't help that I get stuff packed up, go to work, and then the kids unbox it all.

I'm almost ready to say "screw it" and just stay here.

No comments: